In short: I was born in Burgos (Spain) and lived four years in Iceland. I am a translator and interpreter of the following languages: Spanish, English and Icelandic, I am also a teacher of Spanish as a foreign language.
If you would like to find out more here’s more information:
- BA in Icelandic as a Foreign Language from the University of Iceland (2012).
- Master in Intercultural Communication, Interpreting and Translation in Public Services (English-Spanish) from the University of Alcalá (2011).
- Degree in Foreign Language Teaching (English) from the University of Burgos (2007).
Other: I completed a course in Financial Translation (English-Spanish) conducted by Legal Success in 2011. I also have the upper cycle of English from the Official School of Languages in Burgos.
In addition to the practica in my degree in Education and my Masters in Intercultural Communication, Interpretation and Translation in Public Services (simultaneous interpreting in the 4th International Congress on Translation and Interpreting in Public Services at the University of Alcalá), I have worked primarily at teaching languages.
- University of Iceland: assistant in the language learning project Tungumálatorg , creating blogs with content for students, parents and teachers.
- Fjölbrautaskólinn í Breiðholti, Reykjavik, Iceland: teacher of Spanish as a foreign language in high school and support teacher in Icelandic.
- The Intercultural Centre, Reykjavik, Iceland: Spanish-Icelandic bilingual support teacher for students from 6 to 16 years old on a project for Colombian refugees in cooperation with social services in Reykjavik and the Icelandic Red Cross. Translation of school documents and interpretation in meetings.
- Móðurmál (Mother Tongue), Reykjavik, Iceland: teacher of Spanish as mother tongue.
- LaFlecha.Net , Burgos, Spain: writer and translator. Topics: ICT and popular science.
- My thesis for the BA in Icelandic as a foreign language at the University of Iceland: “Use of ICT in the teaching of Icelandic as a foreign language and attitude of teachers towards ICT” (2012).
- My master’s thesis submitted and defended before a commitee at the University of Alcalá de Henares was titled: “Comparison of the training of translators and interpreters in public services in Spain and Iceland” (2011).
Interest and other activities
For several years I was a member of the Association of Internet users in Burgos Zon@burgos where I was a board member. I have worked in the organization of video game tournaments in LAN parties (Cyberjoven and Enredada). I also worked with the
video game news network MGON. Computing and video games are one of the hobbies that interest me most.
- Video games: In 2002 I founded a website about a game with other players (4unrealers, an Unreal Tournament community).Over time the website has become a community for players of different games. Today the website is known as Gamersmafia.